


Happy Father's Day to the great dads in our family! It was much fun to have most of you join us for a Father's Day celebration last week while Rudy was still in town! Thanks, Rudy, for being a rad dad through the years. And nothing pleases me more than to see the terrific dads my own sons have become...
So gears have shifted in a BIG way at home. The wedding is over, my BYU class is done (I got an A!!!) and Kryn and Gregan have both moved east.
Since Devon was going to Salt Lake anyway, he offered to take Kryn to the airport on Friday. I took Kryn to Devon's house. Short errand, right? So why would I think I HAD to put Spiche outside or lock her up in her room... I didn't - so I didn't. Well, when I got home, there were two empty bread bags on the floor in the living room. I suspected that Spiche had dragged them out of the garbage (there were heels and 1-2 slices of old bread that had been in the freezer in the bags). I walked around the corner to the kitchen to find that she had tipped over the whole garbage can. When I lifted it up, rice and beans spilled onto the floor even more. So I cleaned and mopped the floor. Since Ava and Aria were coming, I decided I'd better also vacuum the family room. Kryn had pet Spiche and there was a huge puddle of dog hair on the carpet. As I vacuumed, I discovered that Spiche had also "buried" a piece of bread behind the television and an old pancake in the corner by the curio cabinet. She's not nearly as cute as the boys in this family think she is.
Gregan took lots of pictures with Spiche before he left... As did Kryn. Kryn, you'll need to share some on your blog.
'Looking forward to hearing from Mr. and Mrs. Adair soon! Tender mercies -- in the past 2 weeks, Friday, June 12, is the ONLY day there hasn't been significant rain!! In fact, this morning I discovered that Rudy's work room is flooded from all the rain. It's come down in sheets. Truly, prayers were answered on June 12th. :)
2 comments:
Spiche sure is great. I think you should put her bread and pancake back where you found them, though. There are only so many hiding places in that house, and you don't want a frustrated basset mix on your hands. Great story.
I think Spiche deserves to eat the bread and pancake because after all she does look like she has lost some weight.
Post a Comment