I can't believe I have been married for 37 years today... That's a very long time... Does anyone remember when being married for 50 years was a really, really big deal? Seems almost commonplace anymore. Really, I am NOT old!! Am I?
In the past week or so, I have filled my little brain beyond its capacity with statistical formulas etc. for an exam on t tests for dependent and independent means. I took a Statistics test yesterday that was especially critical because I need a really good score on it to compensate for my last less-than-stellar performance on a statistics exam. I was SO surprised this morning to read statistical jargon in the book of Alma! But there it was. Several times Alma taught that by very small "means" the Lord brings about the salvation of many souls. I can tell you that, according to Cohen's conventions, "small means" translates to an effect size of .20. I had never considered before the impact that "averages" of any size can have on our salvation!
Clearly, it is time to move on!!! One more statistics test... And a group presentation in Research Methods and I'm DONE!!! Come December 16th at 1:00 p.m., I am going to be a very, very happy girl... :)
Summertime!!
14 years ago
2 comments:
I thought I left a comment here already! Anyways, lol at "small means." I definitely agree that you probably need a break from statistics if this sort of thing is happening on a regular basis. I listened to a panel with Nick Griffin, the leader of the British National Party a few weeks ago. The BNP is a racist part (they think Britain should be preserved for "ethnically british," ie white, people). He kept changing his stance on things when people pressed him with new questions, and I thought: hmm, this isn't good. Nick Griffin is biased and inconsistent. So you're in good company.
YOU need a break, too! Glad you are going to take one in MY corner of the world...
Post a Comment