




m

e




My real reason for blogging today is Spiche's visit to the vet...
But to have some pictures for those of you who would rather have a photo story, here are a few from Salem Days.
Devon and Keaton made a GREAT showing at the duct tape boat regatta. They were only seconds behind the team that won first place. (Next time, I think you outta leave the extensions ON the oars... I think you would have taken it with that little extra leverage... Next year!)
One can still get a front row seat for the parade minutes AFTER the parade starts. And there's still LOTS of candy. Tressa should comment about how her every dream was fulfilled parade-side that day. Kin did okay, too! :)
So Spiche... Me thinks she's "My Girl" after all. :(
'Got a letter in the mail from the local police telling me that Spiche's tag was expired and we needed to take care of it to avoid a citation and hefty fine. (It had been 3 years since we last got her licensed. Seriously, she wasn't expected to live long enough to renew!!)
First of all, guess how much she weighed today? ........ I'm waiting for your guess!!!
Okay... she weighed 42.4 pounds! She's lost 20% of her body weight since she last visited the vet. That has to be part of the reason that she isn't quite as crippled lately...
Soooo.... Keats and I had a good "chuckle" about her latest health report. (No wonder she hovers at my side all the dang day...) Do you recognize any similarities between her and her faithful "keeper?"
- She has arthritis (we already knew that)
- She has a heart murmur :O
- Her heart murmur is likely from valve problems! (Not closing all the way allowing regurgitation to occur)
- Her bladder problems stem from the fact that she has no ovaries and uterus - more specifically a hormone imbalance/deficiency (Is that TMI?)
- Given the findings of the x-rays of her spine and hips 2 1/2 years ago, Dr. Evans also feels she is "neurologically challenged." I hope that on this point she and I differ!!!! But who is to say for sure. :) That may also play a factor in her incontinence.
So $119. later, she's "legal" for 3 more years. $25. of that was for a prescription that hopefully will help her bladder control. I certainly hope so. (Except that if it does, that will be a new monthly expense...In addition to the ham required to smash the pills into to get her to take her pills twice a day) Her peeing is a daily occurrence - sometimes twice a day problem. So I'm anxious to give it a try...
Anyway, that's Spiche's blog for the day... She sends a holla and a hug to you all... :)
4 comments:
Dr. Evans didn't say anything about that. And I did make a point to him that she was 10 pounds lighter than at her last exam. She did get a deworming pill, too, along with her other shots. (I think she lost 5 pounds when Devon and Alicia took care of her and brushed all the hair out of her so well...) :)
sounds like salem days gets better every year! i didn't know there was a duct tape boat race. that looks very appealing. I'll bring some gators for the pond to make it a little more exciting next year.
Actually there has been a duct tape boat regatta for several years. Keaton and Kyle Minson took first place the very first year it was held. I thought it was just a Mutual activity, rather than a Salem Days community event, and I wasn't even there. :(
The boat race is held on the Tuesday of the week-long festivities. This year there was so much concern about the high levels of e-coli in the water that the fire trucks were on standby to spray off anyone who fell into the water...
Still, fun, fun, fun... :)
You outta come out one year for the whole week! The fireworks are still way awesome...
Great update! Needs Spiche photos! Especially ones of her gorgeous toes.
Post a Comment