Sunday, November 9, 2008

Half Time!

I've survived HALF of my Independent Study Course! Took my midterm exam on Friday. 'Still hangin' in there! :) I hope the 2nd half will go even better now that I know better what I need to be looking for as far as the exams go. Damian, "our" chapter on genetics was one of my best on the midterm! Thanks for your help...

There's more good news... I was late getting my application in, but BYU has granted me permission to register for the human biology class in January. (The one I thought I'd have to take from Dr. Shively at UVU). And better than that, "senior citizens" (indivijals that are 55 and older!) can audit one class a semester at BYU for just $10.00 a class!! How crazy is that? Since these other two classes I want to take are recommended and not required, I'm gonna save myself over $1800! To say nothing of the stress of actually performing well on exams!! Of course, if I don't get accepted into the Master's program, I won't worry about the second class next summer...

So.... I took Ava on a date last night. I called Devon and Alicia on Friday morning to offer having the little girls come over while they went on a date Friday night. I actually talked to Ava, too, about having a "date night" with Grandma. It never occurred to me that she would think WE would GO somewhere. But she was all excited about "going on a date" and even wondered what she would do for money...

Well, I ended up studying ALL day Friday for my midterm - didn't leave home until 4:30 and didn't get out of the testing center until 6:30 p.m. (Then I took Gregan to buy groceries and did some errands). So I felt bad that I stood up Ava.

So Saturday late afternoon we had a date. We went to McDonalds and had yummy food and she played in the slides and we played some "hoops." Finally we decided it was time to go home. Just as we reached the door to leave McDonalds, who did we see, but her dad! Devon had decided to either return or pick up a DVD from there. When Ava saw him, she had a most disgusted look on her face. "Dad! What are you doing here?" As we got in the van, she was still muttering... "Gosh..." Devon's going to have to be much more discreet than that if he wants to tail her on dates with guys in a few years!! hehehe

I am very favorable to your making your blogs private, Damian and Devon and wives. I think it would be a good idea for all of us. You know my e-mail so I hope I get an invite!

Gregan, I think you owe your fans a report of your GRE testing last week. Tuesday was a very good day for Obama AND for Gregan. He scored very, very well on his GRE test. (BTW, I learned in my psychology class that 60% of IQ is attributable to genetics). :) Of course, so are a lot of other things.... :(

'Sure wish Rudy and Jaron had been here for our family birthday dinner last week. I hope someone treats you both well next weekend. Maybe you outta get together! We look forward to your LONG visits in December!

I'm still impressed with the theme of optimism that seemed to pervade the last General Conference:

"Come what may, and love it."

"Hope in Jesus the Christ, in the goodness of God, in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit."

"Express...gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."

4 comments:

Gancito del Lago said...

You rock, mom. You rock the world, in fact. Good luck with the second half.

Anonymous said...

Gregan, thanks!
And thanks for reading my blog... :)

mum

Anonymous said...

Mom, what is up?? Two weeks and no blogging?

gramakaren said...

WHO ARE YOU!?!?! I SAY, WHO SPEAKS TO ME ANONYMOUSLY?!?

I'll blog again WHEN I cross the finish line. Writing my last paper today and taking the final on Friday, the 5th...