So...the other night the little girls (aka Ava and Ari) were here.
Nineteen months ago I opted NOT to do the 2-year plan with Spiche's dog license because I was sure she wouldn't still be here past a year. I got a letter from Chief James saying I have an illegal canine at this address, so I try to keep her in the house or our back yard so she won't get picked up and me ticketed. Besides that, 2 little girls are enough to keep track of at the park etc.
So Friday night, we (the girls and I) walked across the street to the park and played for a while. As we came back to the house, I saw a certain snout poking through the curtains AND the blinds in the living room. Obviously a naughty dog was ON THE COUCH, AND into the curtains!!! As we watch her limp along so much of the time, one has to wonder how she even gets onto the couch!
And then she has learned to wiggle through the smaller gate by the carport. If the whole frame is not pulled all the way toward the house, it's possible to push the gate open. One day last week when I had been gone all day, I came home to find NO Spiche! It was after 10:00 p.m. when I finally found her on 240 East, just having a good stroll. And Saturday morning, I got a phone call from Sandy Nelson to tell me Spiche was at their house. I walked over to get her. By the time we got to Perkins'house, she had given her all. Just stopped and panted and panted and resisted my coaxing to keep walking. She was very stiff THAT night.
So she DOES deserve "time out." My challenge now is that I am actually able to get her "out," (since the days aren't so hot any more), but then she goes all the way OUT!
SOME in the family think she's still cute, but... :(
Summertime!!
14 years ago
3 comments:
this is great news!!! it's becoming more and more apparent that it's as we always speculated - Spiche is immortal.
The owner of that "certain snout" makes me smile even from a couple thousand miles away. Thanks for the great update, mom. Give Spiche a squeeze for me! And good luck in statistics...know that I feel your pain.
Put her down. Send her meat to poor countries.
Post a Comment