
Rudy asked me to take a picture of the plant he sent me. He doesn't think it will still be alive when he comes in December!! :-0
Actually, I thought I had a date with the little girls tonight. But Devon had a flat tire and they aren't sure if they'll make it or not. Tomorrow we are making applesauce! So while I wait to hear if they are coming...
I can't express how relieved I am... This has been a big week. Kinda huge, in fact. I did pass my national boards on Thursday! (The reason for this beautiful plant Rudy had delivered). On that day I also turned in my application to the University of Utah (deadline is November 1, so I had HOURS to spare!!!) And today I took the FINAL for my independent study. I want to say it ALL went better than I deserved it to do. On the other hand, I have worked really hard. Today as I was playing the organ at the temple, I felt all blubbery (fortunately I did keep the blubbers inside...) as I thought about all that has happened in the past year. I felt like I had such a perfect plan for my life. Things haven't turned out the way I thought they "should," but I am confident that Someone is in charge, and it's just awesome...
Okay, I'm still feeling blubbery, so I'm going to sign out. It's that darn CD that I'm listening to, I bet... :)
5 comments:
How sweet of dad! Very nice plant. I'm so proud of you, momma. Luvs from Bountiful!
Congrats on passing your boards! I can totally relate to your plan not working out the way you envisioned, but there's definitely Someone with a plan for you, and I'm sure it's more awesome than the one you had picked out...
Damian
I remember reading somewhere that if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans. Our little minds only think they know. Like Damian said, Someone's plan is always better than our own. I am proud of you though.
You trickertreating tonight?
Sorry I'm stupid, but what boards are we talking about? Is this like a social work license or something? Anyway, I'm sure whatever it was wasn't easy, so congratulations.
Gregan, you are not stupid... Amy questioned that, too. Which proves you are NOT, right? :)
Yes, passing the boards allow me to be licensed to work at bachelor-level jobs in Utah. Now my dilemma is whether I will work or do more volunteer work. I am assured work with LDS Family Services Adoptions in January, but it would have to be voluntary unless the Church lifts the hiring freeze that has been in place for a few years. No idea for how much longer. But my gut tells me I'd better earn some money because there will be one full year that I won't be able to teach piano at all. Of course, that depends on my getting accepted into a graduate program...
Post a Comment