Well, it happened! I made it to Washington DC to spend a few days with Rudy, Gregan, and Kryn. I'm happy to report that THE TREE in which ALL of the kids have had a picture in, on, or around (close to the Washington Monument) is still there! Last time I was in DC (30 years ago) I never did see the Jefferson Memorial OR the Library of Congress. Both were highlights of the trip for me this time. As was visiting the park where Gregan lived in his car for 8 weeks!
Also, we had a wonderful day in Philadelphia with Kryn. He has a GREAT apartment. We saw the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, the building where the Declaration of Independence was signed. And the University of Pennsylvania campus (NOT Penn State) :) is absolutely gorgeous. The buildings are very old and very beautiful. Lots of history within that Ivy League school. (The University of Pennsylvania also established the first School of Social Work, I learned in the class I am taking right now...)
We also ate Philly Steak sandwiches and had water ice. Yummmm.
I printed 81 pictures of my trip, so these are just teasers. Thanks to Rudy for taking all the pictures! AND for being such a good sport and great host for 4 very packed days!
4 comments:
Watch out!! There's a ghost mom in the subway station!!
sounds like you have a very fun/hot trip. i'll bet you're glad to be home for a while. we sure loved having you here in hot and humid Florida and hope to see you SOON!
Great pictures! Makes me want to visit! Glad you're home, mommy dearest.
I am so glad you had a fun trip! You deserve it!
Post a Comment