'Had a great Belgian waffle party yesterday! And today I found real maple syrup at "my" new grocery store! Next batch will be even better...
'Can't believe that in only 10 more days the Florida kin will be here! Ava is really looking forward to playing with "the girl!" I tried and tried to explain... :)
This morning I listened to Elder Bednar's last General Conference talk. The topic was "Pray Always." He taught, "We are promised that if we pray sincerely for that which is right and good and in accordance with God's will, we can be blessed, protected, and directed."
I think at least a few of us have the desire that the things we are praying for are God's will - that we don't really want anything that is NOT God's will. And the promise is that we will be directed and blessed.
In my thought processes about the talk, I remembered a theme for a BYU Stake Homemaking Fair that I was responsible for back during Rudy's graduate school days. I was the stake RS homemaking counselor in our BYU stake, and the president, Marie Jensen, (wife of the famed 'Dinosaur Jim' Jensen at BYU) was away from Provo for several weeks. She made it clear that things needed to be well outlined before she returned. The assignment scared me to death. But finally I was able to settle on "Bloom Where You're Planted." Things came together beautifully for the event. The theme took on some meaning for me personally as I took care of that assignment and I still think about it pretty often, actually. This morning, something about Elder Bednar's talk took me there again.
I will admit that I have an appointment on Wednesday with Dr. Jini Roby, the admission chair for the MSW program. I'm very interested to see how that plays out. But I've reached a delightful place of trust and optimism that things are happening in my life the way they are supposed to. I almost can't wait to see what things are supposed to happen in 6 months, a year, and 5 years from now. But as quickly as garbage days roll around, I know all of that will be here before I know it. :)
The grass is covered with snow again! And there's another storm forecast for Wednesday, but ALL the weathermen promise Spring-like weather the week Hayden and Zade and "the girl" come to visit!! Keep your fingers crossed!
The Church is true...
Summertime!!
14 years ago
1 comment:
Those waffles were DELICIOUS! I think we should have them more often. :) I think I might just have to purchase that waffle maker too. Thanks for the fun party!
Post a Comment