Well, Thursday afternoon, I finally got the "rest of the story..."
'Turns out Kristin Roylance was right when she speculated (on facebook) that one of my kids was trying to sneak IN instead of OUT! When I finally talked with Keaton Thursday afternoon, I learned that he has been getting in the house on Sundays by climbing through the (new) family room window. And that's how he got in on Monday night. Not only that, but then he unlocked the door for his friend to come in, and they watched a movie!!! I heard none of that...
So Thursday afternoon I had a group piano class. I had just talked with Keaton, so I asked them if they wanted to hear a funny story. I recounted for them all of the trauma of Monday night. When I told them about the motion lights coming on while I was watching the news, and my dismissal that it would have been Levi Stone crossing through the yard that late at night, Michael Goodman said that he and Levi HAD gone through the back yard about that time to shovel Joan's steps! Evidently there had been just enough snow through the night to cover their footsteps to the back gate by the next morning when Officer Kirby and I were investigating the scene...
So now the window by the back door is locked, too. AND I gave Keaton a key for the deadbolt on the front door. I'm too embarrassed to call the police to tell them what really happened. :) So Keats' footprints and tire tracks are on file at the police station...
'Had a FUN time shopping for wedding dresses with Kindy and Marty yesterday.
The thought I have for you comes from Elder David Bednar. (He attended Keaton's stake conference today to install the new stake president. It was a great meeting for Keats...) Elder Bednar quoted Elder Neal A. Maxwell: Develop spiritual reflexes. In many cases, spiritual reflexes will save you when mind and intellect may waiver...
The Church is still true!
Summertime!!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment