Monday, March 30, 2009

The Fat Lady and another verse...

Isn't the expression, "It ain't over until the fat lady finishes singing?"

It would appear I'm not as ready to give in and give up as I'd thought. After an e-mail communique with Dr. Roby and a connection with a faculty member who I spent time with Saturday morning at a fund raiser/breakfast, I'm back in the chase for my MSW. I gave notice today that I will not be returning to Mt. Loafer (it's been 9 1/2 years), and I've applied for fall semester at BYU. An independent study course, and the text, are already on their way. I plan to spend the summer doing that course and getting very involved in at least 3 program/agencies as a volunteer. In the fall I will repeat my undergraduate statistics and research classes and take one more psychology course. :)

When I told Vern Bangerter (when he was home teaching) on Sunday about Gregan's acceptance to Oxford and Jaron's move to Paris and that I outta make a trip across the pond, he told me that passports are supposed to get ridiculously delayed again. So I really think I'm going to apply for a passport... 'Soooo funny that every one of my children and spouses have a passport and I don't. But I will, soon! 'Now for saving the bucks to get there next June...

'Can't wait for Damian and family to be here on Friday! Birthday dinner on Sunday at 5:00. Damian, what are we going to eat?!?! We have had snow every other day all week! Which is good, 'cause it melts and doesn't have to be shoveled. But I hope we have some warm days in the next week...

"Discover, rediscover, and be changed by the scriptures."


The Church is still true...

7 comments:

VonGrinner said...

woo woo! Go mom!

octopusofthesea said...

hooraaaaay, MOM! I'm glad it's working out for you because I haven't gotten around to telling my friends that you won't be going to grad school after all.
Now if only Kryn would get on that train.

Devon and Alicia said...

You go girl!

Gancito del Lago said...

Keep rockin. Let us know what volunteer gig you end up with.

Kindy said...

I'm proud of you for not quitting. Love you!

Amy said...

Way to hang in there, mom. We can't wait to see you all this weekend.

Damian

Phineas Jalyper said...

Hey, great quote of the week mom. Although I find myself obliged to mention that it's Fellowship of the Ring Gandalf offers that advice, not Return of the King.
Way to go, mum.